Karla Rosales is a freelance tattoo artist currently based in Cebu City. She finished her Nursing degree in Silliman University, where she first experienced Dumaguete’s art community. She is currently a fourth year medical student at Cebu Institute of Medicine.
Her tattoo works focus on black and gray, fine-detailed linework.
She recently started experimenting with paint again during the quarantine, with her works heavily influenced by self-reflection and the subtle undertones of human relationships.
Karla hopes to further explore the connection between art and medicine as complementary forms of healing.
Karla Rosales artworks
Peace Gathering 2, 2018, Kukuk’s Nest, Cebu City
- Ink For Freedom Tattoo Competition (2014), Dumaguete City.
- One Big Tinta Tattoo Competition (2014), Dumaguete City.
- Valentine Hangover 5 Tattoo Fest (2017), Dumaguete City.
- Belltower Project Summer Jam 4 (2017), Dumaguete City.
- Tattoo For a Cause Fundraiser for Typhoon Yolanda Victims (2013), Dumaguete City.